Tuesday, February 17, 2009

let's do this.

Soooo.  Yesterday and today were looooong days.  Yesterday I woke up and met up with Miki and went by train (first train trip) to the city hall to register for my health insurance and this card I need to get a cell phone and open a bank account.  I'm sure it has other uses, but I'm not sure what yet.  After that we went to the bank so I could get some yen.  Then we headed back to the school so I could start my training.  My training was like 2 hours of going over paperwork and how things work in the school, then I spent the rest of the day observing the classes I will be taking over on Mondays.  I teach a wide variety of ages and abilities, so on Mondays I will have 2 adult classes, and 3 kid classes.  It all seems pretty cool.  After work my co-worker Dan took me to a restaurant by the school because I was desperate for hot food.  We got a couple beers and i got some potstickers for dinner.  I really should have eaten more because the beers went straight to my head and the walk home alone in the dark was kinda freaky, HA!  

Today I got up early, as usual, and headed off to work training an hour early so I could get some coffee and breakfast.  I went to Mr.Donut, which had good coffee and the donut I got was pretty delicious.  I don't really see how you could mess up a donut though.  After that I headed to the school and did some more training before getting on the train to go the Keisei Tsudanuma school.  I will be working at this school on Tuesdays, and it's like five stops down from my train station.  I am super intimidated by the trains since I haven't used them much yet.  On the bright side I made it to my school and home without any trouble.  Once I got to the Tsuda school I observed 3 out of 6 of my Tuesday classes.  The first was two housewives with more advanced English and they were both really sweet.  The next class was five 3 to 5 year olds.  It was completely insane and the kids were the CUTEST!  i already know this is going to be one of my favorite classes because the kids are so energetic and sweet.  My third class was 5 middle school girls.  After those 3 classes I decided to head home and caught the next train back to Katsutadai, my town.  Once I got back here I decided to go to the store and attempt to find food again.  Then I headed home.  That's pretty much it so far.  Tomorrow should be another super long day, which I hope I will find some time to buy some of the stuff I need around the house.  I haven't had much time to do any shopping yet. 

1 comment:

  1. I want to come over there. Give it time and you'll be able to navigate that train blind-folded.

    ReplyDelete