Sunday, March 1, 2009

I need to get with it...

So...I am not a very good blogger.  I need to keep up with this thing AND I need to take more pictures.  

Sooo...this week went by pretty fast.  Monday my classes stressed me out, starting a new job is always intimidating.  Especially considering I am teaching people who don't even speak the same language.  Some of my adult classes are pretty advanced and we have some good conversations.  They ask me A LOT of questions.  I dig it.  My kids classes are freaking adorable.  I love hanging out with them and singing songs and what not.  They think I am hilarious cause I dance around like an idiot, so it's pretty good.  Some of the kids look sooooo BORED.  I feel bad about it.  But if I went to school all day and then had to go to learn at night I don't know how into I'd be either.  I am learning a lot from the other teachers on how to make my classes more fun.  

Tuesday I was at the school in Tsudanuma...my classes were all pretty fun.  Wednesday I was at Yachiyo-Chuo...and those classes were all pretty good, too.  Thursdays I go to Kitaranashino...I don't know if I spelled that right, hahaha.  Fridays I'm off, Saturdays back at Kita, and Sunday I'm off.

Any-hoo...Friday night I went into Tokyo with my jawsome friend Natasha to watched her perform with her improv comedy group.  It was a lot of fun and there were a lot of people there to talk to who spoke English. That was nice. The first performance were these dudes in big white astronaut looking suits.  I think there were two dudes in each suit, but I'm not 100% sure.  I put a pic of it on myspace.  The dudes were doing all kinds of acrobatic stuff and dancing around.  Pretty hilarious.  Picture those halloween costumes that blow up, that's what these astronaut suits looked like, but bigger. It was crazy how many non-Japanese people I saw in downtown Tokyo...I am not used to it anymore.  Saturday night, I met up with Tomo (the rad dude who picked me up from the airport in exchange for american candy bars, hahaha!) and his friend and had some beers at a little dive near my place.  Tomo is Japanese, but he used to live in London so he speaks fluent English...with a British accent.  He is the jam.  After that bar closed we went to another bar/restaurant and met Natasha there.  We enjoyed some delicious Japanese whiskey...and I was feeling like doo doo all day today cause of it.  F U whiskey!  So, after laying around most of the day and reading Lolita, watching youtube videos and nursing my hangover, I ventured out to buy some groceries.

I ran into Natasha on the way and we talked for a few and made plans to hang out after she had a nap.  On the way to the store I decided to get dinner at Pic Nic since I hadn't eaten all day.  It was delicious as usual...this time I got some pasta and a salad.  

My trip to the grocery store was a little more successful this time...I got a bunch of vegetables to make salads for lunch during the week, some bananas, snapea crisps, english muffins, eggs, apple and orange juice, yogurt, cheese, and some other random crap I can't remember.  Carrying it home was a pain in the nards...it's only like a 15 minute walk, but all the drinks I bought were stinking heavy.  My shoulders were killing me when I got home.  Next time I am only buying stuff that is lightweight, hahaha.  

Well, back to work tomorrow...so I will say Sayonara for now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything is going well for you over there...I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it wouldn't be long before you met some rad people!

    ReplyDelete